08 Jul The Shocking Revelation of Finches
Here is another type of an avian pet. It is a charming and delightful pet. They prefer to stay alone, it is hence advisable to keep one in its own space. They are easy to care for.
Treatment for finches:
- Habitat: they are kept in cages that are long enough for them to fly horizontally. The cage can be floored using newspapers and should be cleaned weekly and thoroughly disinfected once in a month.
- Hygiene: the food and water of a finch should be served in non-toxic material bowls to minimize bacteria and contamination. They should be groomed by clipping their nails. This is also to maintain the safety of the bird.
- Diet: they need a balanced diet. They can be fed seed with fresh food offerings which are: boiled eggs, shells, fruits and vegetables. Change the food daily to minimize contamination.
- Health: it is mandatory to be keen in observing the healthy and unhealthy patterns of your pet. In this case, if the finch showcases these signs take it to the veterinarian there and then:
- Sitting with closed eyes
- Hiding the head
- Heavy breathing
- Clicking sound when breathing
- Coughing and sneezing
- Puffed out feathers.
Early detection of these signs could save the birds life.
Sunlight: finch needs sunlight to survive therefore you could place the cage near a window where there is access to enough sunlight, ensure it is not direct sunlight.
Such a small fellow with fewer needs. Not so hard to give it a proper treatment.